Research topics are:
• Thermodynamics for material and process development
• Extraction and refining of metals
• Interaction of liquid slag and metals with refractory materials
• Thermodynamic and kinetic modeling of processes and interface reactions
• Material characterization
Division of Geology KU Leuven
The researchers from the Department of Geology concentrate on the study of Planet Earth. In particular we study the geosphere – the ‘solid’ Earth – and try to figure out the significance of processes in the geosphere with respect to the functioning of Earth’s systems from global to local scale. In our research we look into ‘deep time’, but always in the perspective of the challenges our society faces today and in the future. Besides the ...
In this group physico-chemical and chemical thermodynamic principles, proces technology and methods of analytical chemistry are used in studies related to environmental problems. Research topics are: a. Physico-chemical treatment of process water, drinking water and wastewater and of solvent streams by the use of membrane processes. Currently mainly nanofiltration and pervaporation are studied (also in hybrid processes e.g. with ...
Molecular Design and Synthesis KU Leuven
Coordination chemistry aims to study the effect of ligand geometry and nature on the central metal ions. These are transition metals (3d, 4d or 5d), lanthanides (4f) and actinides (5f). The symmetry of coordination mainly determines the electronic structure of the metal ions and influences in this way the spectroscopic, electrochemical, thermodynamic and magnetic properties of the complexes. A lot of applications of coordination compounds are ...
Department of Analytical chemistry Ghent University
Department of Solid State Sciences Ghent University
AXES (Antwerp X-ray Analysis, Electrochemistry and Speciation) University of Antwerp
Department of Biotechnology Ghent University
Its activities include:
- Analysing and modelling of microstructure and texture evolution during plastic deformation
- Deriving physics-based constitutive laws for their mechanical behaviour
- Developing dedicated characterisation methods for their complex microstructures
- Participating in the development of innovative deformation processes