< Back to previous page
- Research Expertise:* Solubilization, molecular filling, and chirality sorting of carbon nanotubes (CNTs) * Spectroscopic characterization of carbon nanotubes and their nanohybrids * Design of (non-linear) optical molecules and nanomaterials * Non-linear optical characterization of organic molecules and nanomaterials
- Keywords:NON-LINEAR OPTICAL MATERIALS, LASER SPECTROSCOPY, ORGANIC MATERIALS, CARBON NANOTUBES, NANOMATERIALS, TWO-DIMENSIONAL MATERIALS, Physics (incl. astronomy)
- Disciplines:Molecular physics, Metrology, Nanophysics and nanosystems, Optical properties and interactions with radiation, Soft condensed matter, Surfaces, interfaces, 2D materials, Lasers and quantum electronics, Photonics, optoelectronics and optical communications, Nanochemistry, Synthesis of materials, Theory and design of materials, Physical organic chemistry, Molecular and organic electronics, Nanofabrication, growth and self assembly, Nanomaterials, Nanometrology, Nanophotonics, Nanoscale characterisation, Photodetectors, optical sensors and solar cells
- Research techniques:* Wavelength-dependent determination of the molecular non-linear optical response (hyperpolarizability) by hyper-Rayleigh scattering with tunable laser wavelength (using a picosecond chirped pulse laser amplifier with optical parametric amplifier, tunable from <300nm to >3000nm) * High resolution resonant Raman spectroscopy with tunable laser wavelength (374-1100nm ; using triple spectrometers with ion lasers, dye lasers, Titanium:sapphire lasers and external cavity frequency doubler) * 2D infrared fluorescence-excitation spectroscopy (with a dedicated, in-house developed, ultra-sensitive setup with liquid nitrogen cooled deep-depletion Si CCD and [extended] InGaAs array detectors sensitive up to 2200nm) * Infrared fluorescence microscopy with hyperspectral imaging * Various chemical preparation equipment (fume hoods, analytical balances, glove boxes for working under inert atmosphere, spin coater, vacuum ovens up to 1100°C, centrifuges [low speed to ultra-speed], etc.) * Cryogenic spectroscopy (down to liquid helium temperature) * Density gradient ultracentrifugation (up to >1000 000g) and aqueous two-phase separation of nanomaterials * Optical absorption spectroscopy (175-3300nm) and fluorescence spectroscopy * Time resolved fluorescence spectroscopy (streak camera) and pump-probe spectroscopy * Quantum-chemical calculations (semi-empirical, DFT) and molecular dynamics simulations
- Users of research expertise:Other collaborating academic researchers or companies.