< Back to previous page
- Research Expertise:Dutch literature from the 16th to the 18th century (mainly drama and song). In the area of the scene happens especially research into the genre, the performance capabilities (with 3D reconstructions of historic theaters) and the referential aspects of the scene. In terms of the song we are working on the Dutch Song Database. The attention is paid to both secular and spiritual hymnals. The emphasis is more on the litearaire aspect than on the musical.
- Keywords:HISTORY OF LITERATURE, HISTORY OF (RELIGIOUS) CULTURE, HISTORY OF FLEMISH THEATRE, HISTORY OF MUSIC, HISTORY 17TH CENTURY, HISTORY OF THE NETHERLANDS, Language and literature (incl. information, documentation, library and archive sciences)
- Disciplines:History, Early modern history, European history , Literary studies, Early modern literature, Literatures in Dutch, Literary history, Philology, Art studies and sciences, Heritage, Music, Theatre and performance, Theatre
- Research techniques:The study of theater is based on archival work and 3D reconstructions. In the song study uses the Dutch Song Database. Renaissance division of the ISLN has a large collection of photocopies of plays and songbooks from the seventeenth century
- Users of research expertise:Theater, musicians and singers interested in performing texts from the 16th to 17th centuries. Whoever studies on Dutch literature from the 16th to the 18th century, especially in drama and song.