< Back to previous page
- Research interest:My research is situated in the broad field of political sociology. Herein I focus on five specific research domains. 1. Quantitative research with regards to te political participation of social groups (age, ethnicity and gender) 2. Quantitative supply- and demand side based research regarding the explanation of the personalization of electoral behavior of the public 3. Quantitative measurement of public opinion regarding high technological applications, such as nuclear energy 4. Social theory building regarding the conceptualization of solidarity and alienation 5. This theoretical knowledge I subsequently test in content analytical research of solidarity claims in the political communication of parties and voters.
- Keywords:SOLIDARITY, PUBLIC OPINION, POLITICAL SOCIOLOGY, POLITICAL PARTICIPATION, Political and social sciences
- Disciplines:Applied sociology, Policy and administration, Social change, Social psychology, Social stratification, Social theory and sociological methods, Sociology of life course, family and health, Citizenship, immigration and political inequality, International and compartive politics, Multilevel governance, National politics, Political behaviour, Political organisations and institutions, Political theory and methodology, Other political science, Urban and regional geography, Other social and economic geography, Product development, Other social sciences
- Research techniques:Regression techniques (OLS, ML, Poisson, Negative Binomial, Logistic ...), Multilevel modelling (Mlwin), Structural equation modelling (Mplus), factor- and cluster techniques, correspondence analysis.
- Users of research expertise:Media, researchers, parties