< Back to previous page
- Research interest:Plant Growth analysis: We investigate the effect of environmental conditions (mainly drought, temperature, CO2) and genetic differences on the growth of plants from the whole plant down to the cellular level using classic growth analysis and kinematic approaches.Transcript Profiling: Genome wide transcriptional changes focusing on plant growth zones in our own research, but we collaborate with several other groups profiling changes in a wide range of organisms, including animals, microorganisms and plants. In addition we also perform mapping of mutations in mapping populations and methylome analysis.Molecular Genetics: We use molecular genetics tools to generate mutant and over expression lines as well as promotor fusion lines to study gene function (in forward and reverse genetics approaches) in Arabidopsis and Maize
- Keywords:PLANT DEVELOPMENT, RNA DETECTION, PLANT PERFORMANCE, PLANT GROWTH REGULATION, PLANT STRESS PHYSIOLOGY, PLANT GENETICS, PLANT CELL CYCLE, PLANT PHYSIOLOGY, GENETIC SCREENING, PLANT MOLECULAR BIOLOGY, MODEL SYSTEMS, PLANT GROWTH REGULATORS, GENOTYPE-PHENOTYPE CORRELATION, PLANT GROWTH, PLANT ANALYSIS, Biology
- Disciplines:Applied mathematics in specific fields, Computer architecture and networks, Distributed computing, Information sciences, Information systems, Programming languages, Scientific computing, Theoretical computer science, Visual computing, Other information and computing sciences, Plant biology, Agricultural plant production, Horticultural production
- Research techniques:Plant Growth analysis: Classic growth analysis and kinematic approaches.Transcript Profiling: Illumina Next Generation Sequencing (mRNA, DNA, bisulfite sequencing)Molecular Genetics: Mutagenese, Cloning and Transformation
- Users of research expertise:Academic and industrial researchers interested in understanding plant growth, transcriptional regulation in any biological system, and genetic approaches to improve growth of cereal crops.