Algebra KU Leuven
NUMBER THEORY AND ALGEBRAIC GEOMETRY
1) Study of the number of solutions of polynomial equations in several variables over finite fields and residue class rings, with emphasis on the relation to geometric and topological invariants of the equations, Igusa's local zeta function, p-adic exponential sums.
2) Connections between (1) and the theory of singularities, resolution of singularities, Log Minimal Model Program, topological ...
Mathematics-TW Vrije Universiteit Brussel
The main research topics of the department WISK are: 1. p-adic analysis The functions studied in the mathematical analysis have real and complex values. One can replace the real or complex numbers by other numbers: the p-adic numbers (p is a prime). These numbers have properties that are rather different from the properties of real numbers. For instance when calculating with p-adic numbers rounding errors do not occur. The analysis built on ...
The Centre for Logic and Analytic Philosophy (CLAW) co-ordinates all research at the Institute of Philosophy concerning logic and analytic philosophy, with a special focus on the philosophy of particular sciences.
The Centre cooperates with other Belgian scholars at the National Centre for Research in Logic and international researchers in philosophy of science research programmes. The Centre is very active in the organization of ...
Computational and Applied Mathematics Programme Vrije Universiteit Brussel
1) mathematical and computational physics -study of sparse representations of functions -application to inverse problems (L1-penalization) -regularization methods for linear ill-posed problems -stability of inverse problems -design of fast reconstruction algorithms 2) Inverse problems in imaging and image processing -tomographic image reconstruction in nuclear medicine -related problems in applied mathematics -2D or 3D tomographic image ...
Algebra Hasselt University
Energy performance and indoor climate - Interaction building and HVAC systems
Timber construction and use of organic fibres
Social and ecological sustainability of buildings and communities
Life cycle analysis
Building Information Modelling
Commissioning, building management and monitoring
Structural Mechanics ...
Mathematics, Kulak Kortrijk Campus KU Leuven
Research topics of this research unit are:
• Crystallographic and Bieberbach groups and their generalizations, both from an algebraic and geometrical point of view.
• Affine and polynomial structures for (virtual) polycyclic groups, conceptual and computational aspects and applications
• Group actions on varieties, algebraic topological and geometric characteristics.
• Topological fixed point theory.
Analysis KU Leuven
The research in this section is divided into two research groups. The group of classical analysis is mainly interested in orthogonal polynomials, special functions, approximation theory, Riemann-Hilbert problems and random matrices, whereas the functional analysis group focusses its attention on C*-algebras, von Neumann algebras, topological dynamics, geometric and measurable group theory and subfactors . There are however important synergies ...