< Back to previous page
- Research interest:The research is situated in private and commercial law and aims to adress the central question how law interacts with a changing society. Here, the are three prominant lines of research1) effective protection of vulnerable market actors in a changing society, such as freelancers, passengers and consumers. On this line of research 4 PhD projects are being prepared under my supervision (Fiona Unz and Josje De Vogel (both ESL), Bregtje Dikker). Also the research project Gig@risk which aims to investigate risk management models in platform economy is siuated within this research line. Feyisayo Lari-Williams conducts her PhD-research on this project.2) the application of transport law in a changing logistic reality. On this research line, one PhD was defended under my supervision (Susan Niessen (ESL)).3) the design of contract models for cooperation. On this line of research, one PhD is being prepared under my supervision (Marta Kolacz (ESl).
- Keywords:PLATFORM ECONOMY, TRANSPORT LAW, DIGITAL SOCIETY, GIG WORK, CIRCULAR ECONOMY, PASSENGER RIGHTS, CONSUMER PROTECTION, Law (incl. notarial studies)
- Disciplines:Comparative law, Economic, commercial and financial law, Liability law
- Research techniques:comparative law, empirical legal research
- Users of research expertise:companies in logistics and digital economylegislatorsinterest groups in logistics and digital economylegal sector