< Back to previous page
- Research interest:Dr. Bittremieux's research deals with developing advanced machine learning techniques to uncover novel knowledge from mass spectrometry-based proteomics and metabolomics data. While his current research mainly focuses on how deep learning can be used to analyze mass spectrometry data he is interested in a wide variety of bioinformatics problems. An important part of his work involves developing insights and computational approaches for quality control in biological mass spectrometry.
- Keywords:MACHINE LEARNING, Computer science (incl. applied informatics)
- Disciplines:Data mining, Machine learning and decision making, Health informatics, Bio-informatics, Proteins , Computational biomodelling and machine learning, Development of bioinformatics software, tools and databases, Structural bioinformatics and computational proteomics, Posttranslational modifications
- Research techniques:bioinformaticsmachine learningdeep learningmass spectrometryproteomicsmetabolomics
- Users of research expertise:bioinformatics researcherscomputational biology researchers