< Back to previous page
- Research interest:My main research objective is to add spatial context information through wireless communication. Spatial context information can be absolute, such as a coordinate, a room and floor number, or a specific building, or relative to other devices. Wireless communication technologies I work or worked with include Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, active and passive RFID, DASH7, LoRa & LoRaWAN, Sigfox, NB-IoT, and C-V2X protocols. This spatial context information enables track & trace applications, intruder detection, crowd estimates, smart vehicles, etc.
- Keywords:WIRELESS TECHNOLOGIES, LOCALISATION, RADIOFREQUENCY, SENSOR NETWORKS, Electronics and electrical engineering
- Disciplines:Wireless communication and positioning systems, Telecommunication and remote sensing, Wireless communications, Signal processing, Smart sensors, Navigation and position fixing
- Research techniques:Received signal strength based pattern recognition localization; Received signal strength based ranging localization; Time based ranging localization; Angle of arrival based ranging localization; Proximity based localization; Temporal tracking of locations through Bayesian filtering.
- Users of research expertise:Internet of things users and companies; Smart application (vehicles, cities, buildings, ...) users and companies; Festivals and other large venues.