< Back to previous page
- Research interest:My research involves the affect of natural and anthropogenic disturbance factors on physiology, behavior, and processes of aging. Current projects focus on the effect of anthropogenic light and noise pollution on telomere dynamics, parental behavior and survival. In addition, I am investigating the effects of noise pollution on sleep behavior.
- Keywords:URBAN DISTURBANCE, STRESS PHYSIOLOGY, SENESCENCE, Biology
- Disciplines:Behavioural biology
- Research techniques:I have expertise with measuring stress hormones via radioimmunoassay, qPCR to measure telomere length, oxidative stress assays, measuring sexual coloration via spectrophotometry, and recording and analyzing avian vocalizations. I am also adept at field techniques in avian ecology including mist netting, nest searching, and obtaining blood samples.
- Users of research expertise:Avian Ecologists, Students, Conservation Planners