< Back to previous page
Kristof Van Assche
- Research interest:My research concerns an analyses of the legal issues that may be raised by potentially controversial interventions in the fields of health law and, to some extent, kinship. My research subjects include, but are not restricted to: abortion; euthanasia and medically assisted suicide; (living) organ donation and organ trafficking; prenatal testing, medically assisted procreation, surrogacy; biobanking; human subjects research; coercive measures. Apart from using a strictly legal approach, I als apply insights from ethics and philosophy of law.
- Keywords:MEDICAL LAW, CRIMINAL LAW AND PROCEDURE, KINSHIP, BIO-ETHICS AND LAW, CIVIL LAW, HUMAN RIGHTS LAW, PHILOSOPHY OF LAW, Law (incl. notarial studies)
- Disciplines:Civil law, Human rights law , Philosophy of law, Social and political philosophy, Bioethics, Legal ethics
- Research techniques:The main research technique is desk research of national, international and supranational regulations, case law, and doctrine.
- Users of research expertise:The findings of my research will be useful to legal experts, physicians and other health professionals, bioethicists, and governmental agencies working in the field.