< Back to previous page
- Research Expertise:- In vitro and in vivo preclinical models of parasitic infectious diseases - Natural parasite transmission models using insect vectors - Imaging methods to study infection and the impact of treatment - Analysis of (innate) immune responses to parasitic infections - Molecular tools to study the mechanism of action of drugs - Nanobodies as tools to study the function of parasitic proteins - Molecular parasite detection methods
- Keywords:BIOTECHNOLOGY, NANOTECHNOLOGY, LEISHMANIA, IMMUNOLOGY, VECTOR-BORNE INFECTIONS, DRUG DISCOVERY, TRYPANOSOMA, PARASITOLOGY, Biomedical sciences (incl. biochemistry)
- Disciplines:Invertebrate biology, Infectious diseases, Parasitology, Molecular and cell biology not elsewhere classified, Nanobiotechnology, Microbial diagnostics, Innate immunity, Compound screening, In vitro testing, Non-clinical studies
- Research techniques:In vitro and in vivo infection models, parasite culture systems, in vitro and in vivo immunological response analysis (flow cytometry, epifluorescence microscopy, ELISA, RT-qPCR), diagnostics, imaging (bioluminescence), parasite transgenesis, RNA interference, nanobodies , breeding and infection of insects.
- Users of research expertise:Pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies, government agencies, non-governmental organizations in the field of infectious diseases