< Back to previous page
- Research Expertise (University of Antwerp):His research interests are aimed at a critical analysis of film, television, radio, literature and other forms of media and culture. He has particular research expertise in Belgian and Dutch film history, film adaptations, film policy, and the relation between media and nation-building. He is the author of a monograph on the history of film policy in Flanders (Subsidie, camera, actie! Filmbeleid in Vlaanderen (1964-2002), 2017, Academia Press) and editor of European Film Remakes (with Eduard Cuelenaere and Stijn Joye, 2021, Edinburgh University Press) and an anthology on media and nation-building in Flanders (De verbeelding van de leeuw: Een geschiedenis van media en natievorming in Vlaanderen (with Bruno De Wever, 2020, Peristyle). He published various articles in journals such as the Historical Journal of Film, Radio and Television, Journal of Belgian History, Communications, Journal of Popular Film and Television and Literature/Film Quarterly.
- Keywords (Ghent University):nationalism, media, cinema
- Keywords (University of Antwerp):FILM, NATION BUILDING, MEDIA, MEDIA POLICY, FILM HISTORY, Language and literature (incl. information, documentation, library and archive sciences)
- Disciplines (Ghent University):Media and communication policy, Television, Pre-production, Radio, Documentary film, Script, Editing, Sound, Experimental film, Media art, Mixed media, Animation film, Cinematography, Post-production, Fiction film
- Disciplines (University of Antwerp):Cultural media, Documentary film, Fiction film, Media and communication policy, Political economy of communication
- Research techniques (University of Antwerp):Analysis of film and media
- Users of research expertise (University of Antwerp):People and organisations with an interest in film en media.
- See also: Gertjan Willems (Ghent University)