The department for Communication Sciences (SCOM) consists of three research units: - Centre for Media Sociology (CeMeSo) - Studies on Media Information and Telecommunication (SMIT) - Centre for Marketing Communication Research (MACO) Those research centres are covering five different, but interrelated research angles:
- Media sociology (CeMeSo);
- Persuasion and Communication (MACO);
- Media- and multimedia policy (SMIT);
- Culture and Communication (SMIT, CeMeSo);
- Politics and Communication (CeMeSo, SMIT, MACO).