DPH supports health of vulnerable populations, with focuses on four areas, divided in four research groups:
- Health Systems and Health Policy Research Group
- Non-Communicable Diseases Research Group
- Sexual and Reproductive Health Research Group
- Tropical Infectious Diseases Research Group
The scientific mission of the department is grounded in the human population.
The expertise of our researchers consists of the epidemiology of tropical and infectious diseases, the evaluation of specific interventions for disease control on the population level, socio-economic and organisational aspects of health care, and general and international health policy.
The scientific task mainly plays out in the communities, health services and relevant organisations in development countries, and in national and international policy organisations.
It aims to lessen the burden of disease, especially tropical and infectious diseases, through specific and general interventions, the optimal organisation of accessible, adequate, integral and efficient health, with special attention for those with poor means and other at-risk groups, and the development of an international health care policy based on universal human rights.Links
- Cosmic Malaria
- Emerging Voices for Global Health
- Equity-LA II
- Health Financing in Africa blog
- International Health Policies
- Politiques Internationales de Santé
- RED IDESAL
- SHSOP Series
- Woman and Child Health Research Centre
- Unmet Obstetric Need (UON) Network