- Neuromodulation of the intestinal immune system
- Immunomodulation of afferent nerve function and visceral hypersensitivity
- Intestinal macrophage phenotyping
- Pathophysiology and treatment of irritable bowel syndrome
- Pathophysiology of postoperative ileus
- Pathophysiology of gastroesophageal reflux disease
- Pathophysiology and treatment of achalasia
- Neuron-glial interactions in the ...
Department of Basic Medical Sciences Ghent University
Gene Expression Unit KU Leuven
We are interested in RNA expression of mammalian insulin producing pancreatic beta cells in order to explain how these cells function in normal health and how dysfunction can cause inappropriate release of insulin and diabetes. We study the profound phenotypic changes that occur in rodent beta cells during pregnancy. One of these changes concern serotonin production and secretion by a subpopulation of a heterogeneous beta cell population. ...
Department of Pathology, bacteriology and poultry diseases Ghent University
Laboratory Experimental Medicine and Pediatrics (LEMP) University of Antwerp
Laboratory of cell biology and histology University of Antwerp
Laboratory of clinical immunology
1. Research on the pathogenesis and etiology of primary immunodeficiencies
2. Research on the cause and diagnosis of anaphylaxis
3. STUDIES ON HELPER SIGNALS REQUIRED FOR T CELL ACTIVATION: Regulation of cytokine production and of cytotoxicity upon T cell activation. Role of B7-CD28 interaction and of cytokines produced by antigen-presenting cells (IL-1ß, IL-6, IL-12, IL-15) for T cell ...
Abdominal Surgical Oncology KU Leuven
Abdominal Surgical Oncology
- Diagnostic and therapeutic animal models of liver metastasis and peritoneal carcinomatosis from colorectal cancer
- Detection of circulating cancer cells in colorectal, liver, and pancreatic cancer
- Gene-expression profiling and proteomic studies in pancreatic, liver, and biliary cancer
- Innovations in minimally invasive surgery for colorectal, liver, pancreas, and biliairy cancer