The methods of quantum mechanics are applied to the study of a wide variety of both organic and inorganic compounds. Molecular structure and properties are predicted on the basis of theoretical calculations. Due to the recent developments in computer technology, the precision of the calculation is often competitive with (and sometimes superior to) experimental measurements. Three categories of molecules are studied: 1. Transition metal ...
Department of Applied physics Ghent University
The division PMA (Production techniques, Machine design and Automation) is unique in its multi-disciplinary system approach in the study and development of innovative products, production processes and intelligent (production) machines. Research programs are primarily defined based on social (industrial) relevance. In addition, fundamental contributions are made to the underlying scientific disciplines (computational dynamics, optimization, ...
Department of Physics and astronomy Ghent University
Electromechanical, Systems and Metal Engineering Ghent University
Molecular Imaging and Photonics KU Leuven
Fundamental properties of the electronic excited state and of the use of this basic knowledge in different physical and physicochemical problems . - Intra- and intermolecular interactions in the electronic excited state. - Photochemistry and photophysics of ordered systems such as micelles, inverse micelles and membranes. Stabilization of ordered systems through polymerization. - Adsorption of organic molecules at surfaces and the influence ...
Chemistry Vrije Universiteit Brussel
The department Chemistry (DSCH) includes research groups dealing with:
- Analytical, Environmental and Geochemistry (AMGC);
- Quantum Chemistry (ALGC);
- Organic Chemistry (ORGC);
- Physical and Colloidal Chemistry (FCOL);
- High Resolution Nuclear Magnetic Resonance Spectroscopy (HNMR).
Quantum Solid State Physics (QSP) KU Leuven
* Multilayers and Superlattices : Electrical transport, magnetic, optical and structural properties of superconducting and magnetic artificially layered materials. * High Temperature Superconductors : Structural, electrical and magnetic properties of thin films, multilayers, single crystals and ceramics. * Magnetic Perovs-kites: electrical and magnetic properties, CMR measurements, structural characterization. * Mesoscopic systems : Normal ...
Research topics from this unit are :
Sustainable and Clean Chemistry
Renewable Raw Materials for the Production of Chemicals and Energy
Immobilization of homogeneous catalysis and biocatalysis
Synthesis of catalysts (Layered Double Hydroxides, Zeolites, Mixed Oxides, Carbon Nanotubes)
Surface Analayse: Spectroscopy and Microscopy
Real Time Characterization ...
Applied Mechanics Vrije Universiteit Brussel
The department of Mechanical Engineering (MECH) consist of three research groups : The Acoustics & Vibration Research Group central goal is to conduct fundamental and applied research in the broad field of Acoustics & Vibration, with special emphasis on Experimental and Operational Modal Analysis, Frequency-Domain Maximum Likelihood Identification of Multivariable Systems, Damage Assessment and Sound Quality. Enjoy the visit, and feel ...