Quantum Solid State Physics (QSP) KU Leuven
* Multilayers and Superlattices : Electrical transport, magnetic, optical and structural properties of superconducting and magnetic artificially layered materials. * High Temperature Superconductors : Structural, electrical and magnetic properties of thin films, multilayers, single crystals and ceramics. * Magnetic Perovs-kites: electrical and magnetic properties, CMR measurements, structural characterization. * Mesoscopic systems : Normal ...
- Nuclear spectroscopy of short-lived isotopes using recoil separators at accelerators as GANIL and GSI.
- Nuclear spectroscopy at the ISOLDE isotope separators on-line at the PS-Booster accelerator in CERN.
- Nuclear structure and reaction studies using post-accelerated radioactive beams. * Nuclear astrophysics: radioactive ion beams accelerated to stellar energies are used to measure reactions of ...
Research topics are:
• Thermodynamics for material and process development
• Extraction and refining of metals
• Interaction of liquid slag and metals with refractory materials
• Thermodynamic and kinetic modeling of processes and interface reactions
• Material characterization
Applied Physics and Photonics Vrije Universiteit Brussel
The Department of Applied Physics and Photonics at the VUB (TONA/TW/VUB) belongs to the Faculty of Engineering and Applied Sciences of our University. It consists of a group of about twenty researchers -engineers and physicists- who are working together on materials, components, devices and subsystems for bringing light into communication and information processing systems.These research themes go from fundamental research to near the market ...
The main activities of our research group are related to the development of new and improved materials systems and advanced production methods. The research focus is on alloy systems as well as on novel materials such as nanomaterials, coatings and thin films.
Department of Pharmaceutics Ghent University
Department of Analytical chemistry Ghent University
Brussels Photonics Team Vrije Universiteit Brussel
Photonics -the "Science-and-Technology-to-Harness-Light"- is a discipline that involves fundamental research of photons, of light-matter interactions, and the development of novel technologies and applications based on the unique properties of light. Photonics leverages these unique properties to probe, sense, transmit, process, display and store information, and to accomplish a multitude of original functionalities, which cannot be achieved ...
Molecular Imaging and Photonics KU Leuven
Fundamental properties of the electronic excited state and of the use of this basic knowledge in different physical and physicochemical problems . - Intra- and intermolecular interactions in the electronic excited state. - Photochemistry and photophysics of ordered systems such as micelles, inverse micelles and membranes. Stabilization of ordered systems through polymerization. - Adsorption of organic molecules at surfaces and the influence ...