Labour market research carried out by HIVA looks at both the demand for and supply of labour, as well as the match between supply and demand and the policy implemented in this regard. The first theme covers the dynamics of the labour market in Belgium in terms of businesses, jobs and employees. The second theme deals with activation, re-employment and the support of careers and competencies. Related themes such as job migration and the ...
The CELM or Centre of Expertise on Labour Market Monitoring is a knowledge center that gathers scientific expertise on policy monitoring and analysis of the labor market in view of the support and guidance of the Flemish labour market. The tasks of the Centre for Work include the development of indicators, structured time series, projection models and simulation tools for the preparation, monitoring and evaluation of the labour market ...
Technological, Economical and Social Changes and Labour Market Research Vrije Universiteit Brussel
TESA is the research unit on sociology of work and labour market policy of the VUB. Major Research projects have been carried out on vocational training and qualifications profiles, personnel policy, HRM and flexibility of labour market and industrial relations. Also the relationship between work and non-work (e.g. citizens' income) has received continuous attention. TESA has established links with some of the more influential European ...
Institute for Labour Law KU Leuven
The Institute is part of the Faculty of Law and is a subdivision of the unit ‘Labour Law and Social Security Law’. The unit’s mission is to produce and involve in:
- fundamental research that conforms with the highest scientific standards;
- research of high quality with relevance for legal practice and policy;
- education and training in the unit’s relevant fields, with the aim to provide the most recent, research based ...
Centre for the Pre-Industrial Production Processes and Labour Relations Vrije Universiteit Brussel
The last few years historical research focuses on guilds: the social, economical, political and cultural functions of guilds in urban industries during the Modern Period. Empirical study concentrates on the Spanish and Austrian Netherlands, especially on the duchy of Brabant and the county of Flanders. A comparative and long-term approach is designed to place guilds in a new perspective, related with the growing international intrest of this ...
The Department of Marketing and Organisation Studies (MO), Leuven, consists of two research units:
1) The Research Centre for Marketing, Leuven, specializes in understanding how consumers behave in a world of unprecedented freedom of choice and how they function against a continuous stream of opportunities that may either support them or divert them from reaching their goals. The Marketing modelling research team focuses on the changing ...
Economics University of Antwerp
Herman Deleeck Centre for Social Policy University of Antwerp
Centre for Population, Family and Health University of Antwerp
Research topics are
• Social and economic history
• economic policy Economics, econometrics, economic theory, economic systems,
• Financial sciences
• Economic planning
• Development cooperation