Department of Pediatrics and medical genetics Ghent University
Centre of Microbial and Plant Genetics KU Leuven
Research topics of this unit are:
• Bacteria-plant interactions
• Symbiosis between Rhizobium etli and Phaseolus vulgaris
• Symbiotic nitrogen fixation
• Quorum sensing and biofilm formation in Rhizobium
• Bacterial physiology: the stringent response in Rhizobium
• Type III protein secretion in Rhizobium
• Calcium-binding proteins in bacteria
• Mechanisms of antibiotic resistance and tolerance in ...
Mind-body Research KU Leuven
The Center for Mind-Body research focuses on the study of the biological stress response (HPA axis and autonomous nervous system) in psychiatric disorders such as major depression, chronic fatigue syndrome and eating disorders. Stress sensitivity is studied both in lab conditions and in daily life, using remote patient monitoring devices. In order to understand individual differences in stress sensitivity and disease vulnerability, the Center ...