< Back to previous page
- Research Expertise:The research activities involve the study of cryogenic solutions using a combination of infrared and raman spectroscopy an the study of chiral (drug and biomolecular) substances using a variety of chiroptical methods (including, amongst others, electronic circular dichroism, vibrational circular dichroism and Raman optical activity. The reseach lines strongy focus on the development and validation of experimental and theoretical odels used for data analyses. In addition, special attention is devoted to instrument development
- Keywords:RAMAN OPTICAL ACTIVITY, VIBRATIONAL SPECTROSCOPY, VIBRATIONAL CIRCULAR DICHROISM (VCD), Chemistry (incl. biochemistry)
- Disciplines:Molecular physics, Physical organic chemistry, Quantum chemistry
- Research techniques:infrared, Raman and UVvis spectroscopy vibrational circulair dichroism, electronic circular dichroism and Raman Optical Activity High Performance Computing : Molecular Modelling, Quantum Chemical calculations
- Users of research expertise:Infrared, Raman and UVvis spectroscopy are routine techniques. VCD, ECD en ROA are highly sophisticated techniques. The Molspec research group is contuously loking for iopportunies allwoing natrional and international research collaborations to be initiated. In addition, various valorisation activies baed on fee-for -serves and feasibility studies are performed.