< Back to previous page
Tom Van Hout
- Research interest:My work focuses on the circulation and articulation of expert knowledge in society. That means I study language, discourse, and communication in a range of contexts from the perspective of participants to grasp how expertise is performed, audiences are anticipated, and social events get represented. My work has been published in scientific journals, edited volumes, digital media outlets and popular media.
- Keywords:PROFESSIONAL COMMUNICATION, KNOWLEDGE SOCIETY, DISCOURSE ANALYSIS, EXPERTISE, JOURNALISM, IDENTITY, MEDIA STUDIES, Language and literature (incl. information, documentation, library and archive sciences)
- Disciplines:Linguistic anthropology, Journalism studies, Discourse analysis, Pragmatics
- Research techniques:Discourse analysis, linguistic ethnography
- Users of research expertise:Knowledge workers such as journalists, consultants, entrepreneurs, politicians, and scientists