< Back to previous page
- Research interest:My expertise is situated in the field of Electrochemical Engineering. More specific:- Design of new catalytic materials for electrodes in electrolyzers and fuel cells- Power-to-X, using electricity to produce chemicals in a sustainable way- CO2 conversion, electrochemical reduction of CO2 - Electrochemical Reactor Design- Organic Electrosynthesis- Flow reactor Design (Continuous flow engineering) - Electrochemistry: Reaction kinetics, reaction studies- Batteries, Fuel Cells- Synthesis of nanoparticles for electrocatalysis
- Keywords:CORROSION, ELECTRODE MATERIALS, ELECTROCHEMISTRY, ELECTROCATALYSIS, ELECTROCHEMICAL REACTOR, CO2 CONVERSION, ENGINEERING, ELECTROCHEMICAL IMPEDANCE SPECTROSCOPY (EIS), Chemistry (incl. biochemistry)
- Disciplines:Physical chemistry, Catalysis and reacting systems engineering, Heterogeneous catalysis, General chemical and biochemical engineering, Process engineering, Transport phenomena, Other (bio)chemical engineering
- Research techniques:Electrochemical techniques (Linear Sweep Voltammetry, Cyclic Voltammetry, Electrochemical Impedance Spectroscopy)CorrosionElectrocatalysis and electrosynthesisReactor engineering (micro- and mesoreactors, electrochemical reactors)Semi-industrial separation processes (distillation, extraction, absorption)CO2 conversion (CCU), Power-to-XElectrolysis
- Users of research expertise:Chemical Industry, Materials Science, Electrochemical companies, Energy division, government, ...