< Back to previous page
- Research interest:Thomas Vanoutrive analyses transport policy and related tropics employing a wide range of methods and techniques, including statistical tools (multilevel modelling, spatial econometrics, factor analysis, social network analysis,...), qualitative methods (interviews, document analysis,...) and Geographical Information Systems (GIS). He is also involved in a citizen science project where citizens conduct traffic counts (Straatvinken.be).
- Keywords:HISTORY OF ECONOMIC THOUGHT, TRANSPORT POLICY, TRANSPORT GEOGRAPHY, COMMUTER TRANSPORT, EU TRANSPORT, TRANSPORT INFRASTRUCTURE, TRANSPORT PRICING, SUSTAINABLE TRANSPORT, Economics and applied economics
- Disciplines:Public transportation, Transport planning, Transportation impact analysis, Environmental and sustainable planning, Urban and regional development, Urban and regional planning policy, instruments and legislation, Urbanism and regional planning, History of economic thought, Geography of mobility and transportation, Urban and regional geography
- Research techniques:-statistics, with a particular focus on techniques which take into account the non-independence of observations (multilevel modelling, spatial econometrics, social network analysis)-qualitative methods (interviews, document analysis)-Geographical Information Systems (GIS)
- Users of research expertise:researchers, citizen groups, policy makers