< Back to previous page
- Research interest:Since the 1st of January 2019 I work at the Laboratory of Applied Electrochemistry & Catalysis (ELCAT) of the Faculty of Applied Engineering of the University of Antwerp as a tenure track research Professor (TTZAPBOF) in the area of electrocatalysis combined with in-situ transmission electron microscopy (TEM). The main goal of my research, which is conducted in the internationally known ELCAT and EMAT laboratories of our University, is to synthesize innovative catalytic hetero-nanoparticles and set up in–situ TEM experiments in order to monitor in a quantitative manner in 3D, structural and morphological changes of hetero-nanoparticles during catalytic reactions both at the nanometre and the atomic scale. In this way, we will be able to obtain a deeper understanding of the connection between the structure, composition and catalytic properties of hetero-nanoparticles.
- Keywords:EXPERIMENTAL STUDY, Physics (incl. astronomy)
- Disciplines:Surfaces, interfaces, 2D materials, Materials physics not elsewhere classified, Heterogeneous catalysis, Reacting systems
- Research techniques:Colloidal synthesis, electrosynthesis, in-situ Transmission Electron Microscopy (TEM) and spectroscopy
- Users of research expertise:Laboratories and institutes working on electrocatalysis