< Back to previous page
- Research interest:Seppe Sels obtained his PhD in Applied Engineering at the University of Antwerp (Op3Mech, 2019). During his PhD thesis, entitled “Linking real-world measurements and sensor data with 3D CAD models” he developed expertise in object detection and pose estimation techniques using computer vision algorithms. In his work, a software framework is designed to quickly calibrate different type of camera systems. With this framework, systems have been developed that can link sensor data and camera images to digital twins of measured objects. Currently, he is working as a post doc researcher at the University of Antwerp (Op3Mech). In this project, the developed pose estimation and mapping techniques are used to monitor the state of structures and buildings with the help of drone images.
- Keywords:THERMOGRAPHY, IMAGE ANALYSIS, VISION, IMAGES (MULTISPECTRAL), IMAGE PROCESSING, ROBOTICS, QUALITY CONTROL, CAMERA
- Disciplines:Control systems, robotics and automation, Electronics, Modelling, Multimedia processing, Sensors, biosensors and smart sensors, Other electrical and electronic engineering, Product development, Other engineering and technology, Biomedical image processing, Computer vision, Pattern recognition and neural networks, Smart sensors, Automation, feedback control and robotics
- Research techniques:Industrial camera control, Thermography, Range cameras, Time-of-Flight cameras, Drone measurement, computer vision, machine learning, object detection, person detection, pose estimation.
- Users of research expertise:quality control, industrial vision, non-destructive testing, 3D analysis