< Back to previous page
- Research interest (University of Antwerp):Ronnie Willaert (PhD in Applied Biological Sciences, research professor) has an extended expertise in yeast research (Saccharomyces cerevisiae, Candida albicans and C. glabrata) and single-molecule biophysics (high-resolution microscopy, i.e. confocal laser microscopy, AFM, force spectroscopy, and dip-pen nanolithography), yeast space biology research and hardware development, protein science (yeast adhesins), cell (yeast) immobilisation biotechnology, fermentation technology, brewing science and technology, and mathematical analysis (bioinformatics, mass transport and fluid flow modelling).
- Disciplines (Vrije Universiteit Brussel):Nanobiotechnology, Medical biotechnology not elsewhere classified, Other (bio)chemical engineering not elsewhere classified, Biophysics not elsewhere classified, Microbiology not elsewhere classified, Systems biology not elsewhere classified, Microfluidics/flow chemistry, Microbial diagnostics, Bio-informatics and computational biology not elsewhere classified
- Disciplines (University of Antwerp):Other (bio)chemical engineering not elsewhere classified, Biochemical engineering, Tissue engineering, Medical biotechnology diagnostics , Bioprocessing, bioproduction and bioproducts, Fermentation, Infectious diseases
- Research techniques (University of Antwerp):Microbiology techniques (yeast, bacteria)Fermentation technology (bioreactors)Nanobiotechnology: Atomic Force Microscopy, fluorescence microscopyTranscriptomics, proteomics, genomicsMicrofluidicsBone cellsCell printing
- Users of research expertise (University of Antwerp):Biotech/pharma companiesBreweriesFood companies