< Back to previous page
- Research Expertise:Study, analyses and advise on renewable (bio-) energy sources. I have experience with the establishment, the management and the harvest of short-rotation coppice plantation of fast-growing trees, in particular poplar. Conversion of woody biomass for the production of renewable electricity and/or green heat. Mainly the biological and productivity aspects of short-rotation coppice plantations fall within my field of expertise.
- Keywords:FORESTRY, BIOENERGY, PLANT ECOLOGY, LAND USE, AGRICULTURAL ECOSYSTEMS, Biology
- Disciplines:Physical chemistry, Plant biology, Biomaterials engineering, Biological system engineering, Biomechanical engineering, Other (bio)medical engineering, Environmental engineering and biotechnology, Industrial biotechnology, Other biotechnology, bio-engineering and biosystem engineering, Agricultural animal production, Agricultural plant production, Agriculture, land and farm management, Horticultural production, Other agriculture, forestry, fisheries and allied sciences, Applied economics
- Research techniques:Field studies, experimental approaches and model simulations on the use and the development of e.g. fast-growing tree species for bio-energy production.
- Users of research expertise:Industies, land owners, non-profit organisations, agricultural and farming companies. Producers of renewable energy or interested participants/managers in renewable energy.