< Back to previous page
- Research interest:Sustainability assessment based on life cycle assessment (LCA) and techno-economic analysis (TEA), applied to design and evaluatie material cycles in early development stages, in absence of pilot scale data. This expertise is also applied to new solvent systems, (bio)degradation of plastics, enzymatic reactions, and local abatement of poor air quality. Technological expertise is the extraction, upgrading and chemical recycling of organic (polymeric) materials and their (biobased) constituents.
- Keywords:POLYMERS, WASTE MANAGEMENT, TECHNOLOGY ASSESSMENT, CIRCULAR ECONOMY, GREEN TECHNOLOGIES, RECYCLING, WASTE, LIFE CYCLE ASSESSMENT, Chemistry (incl. biochemistry)
- Disciplines:Modelling, simulation and optimisation, Chemical process design, Recycling, Sustainable and environmental engineering not elsewhere classified, Functionalisation of materials, Materials recycling and valorisation, Materials synthesis, Polymer recycling, Polymers and plastics
- Research techniques:Life Cycle Assessment (LCA)Techno-economic Analysis (TEA)Multi-Objective Optimization (MOO)Physical analysis (rheology, viscosity, particle size)Chemical analysis (FTIR, HPLC, GPC, SEC, GC-MS)
- Users of research expertise:Waste management industryRecycling businessesDevelopers of performant niche materialsFeed, food, pharma and cosmetics industries (solvents and performant materials)