< Back to previous page
- Research interest:Primary cell culture from mouse and human, including immune cells (dendritic cells, macrophages, T-cells) and stem cells (embryonic stem cells, induced pluripotent stem cells, neural stem cells and mesenchymal stem cells).Multi-colour flow cytometric analyses for cellular phenotyping and T-cell analysis.Multi-colour immunocytochemical analyses of cultured (stem) cell populations.Ex vivo genetic engineering of (stem) cell populations using mRNA, plasmid DNA, transposons and lentiviral vectors.Animal models of neuro-inflammation, including the experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis (EAE) and the cuprizone (CPZ) mouse models applicable for multiple sclerosis research.Cell grafting in brain and spinal cord of rodents.Generation of bone marrow chimeric mice.In vivo non-invasive bioluminescence imaging (monitoring stem cell survival) and magnetic resonance imaging (monitoring white matter lesions). Multi-colour and quantitative immunohistochemical (-fluorescence) analysis of neuro-inflammation.
- Keywords:FLOW CYTOMETRIC ANALYSIS, IMMUNOLOGY, ANIMAL MODELS, HISTOLOGY, CELL CULTURES, CELL CHARACTERIZATION, STEM CELLS, CELL TRANSPLANTATION, Biomedical sciences (incl. biochemistry)
- Disciplines:Animal cell and molecular biology, Animal immunology, Hematology, Applied immunology , Inflammation, Transplantation immunology, Stem cell biology, Cell therapy, Immunomodulation therapy, Tissue engineering
- Research techniques:Cell culture, flow cytometry, immunocytochemistry, ELISA, ex vivo gene transfer, EAE mouse model, cuprizone mouse model, in vivo cell transplantation, bone marrow transplantation, non-invasive bioluminescence imaging, histology
- Users of research expertise:academic and non-academic