< Back to previous page
- Research interest:- In vitro and in vivo pre-clinical models of (viral) infectious diseases.- pre-clinical evaluation of vaccines- Development of vaccines: inactivated, attenuated, DNA and RNA based, vector vaccines- Generation of recombinant viruses using BAC based virus plasmids- reverse vaccinology- virus detection in and isolation from patient samples- Analysis of immune responses to viral infections (serology, antibodies, cellular immunity)- Antibody and nanobody (single domain antibody) development, production and modification.- Ultracentrifugation- PCR-based detection and quentification of viruses
- Keywords:INFECTIOUS DISEASES, ANIMAL MODELS, MEDICAL MICROBIOLOGY, RESPIRATORY SYNCYTIAL VIRUS (RSV), VARICELLA-ZOSTER VIRUS, VACCINOLOGY, RESPIRATORY TRACT INFECTIONS, INFLAMMATION, Applied biological sciences, biotechnology
- Disciplines:Microbiology, Immunology, Other basic sciences, Laboratory medicine, Bacteriology, Infectious diseases, Microbiomes , Virology, Inflammation, Vaccinology, In vitro testing, Biopharmaceuticals, Diagnostics, Small molecules, Vaccines, Respiratory medicine
- Research techniques:In vitro and in vivo (pre-clinical) models of infectious diseases (virus, bacteria, parasites and fungi), valuation of drugs, biologicals and vaccines
- Users of research expertise:Pharmaceutical companies (big pharma, SME, spin-off), news agencies, journalists, government agencies, regulatory (EU) agencies, non-governmental organisations in the field of infectious diseases and vaccines.