< Back to previous page
Peter De Jonghe
- Research interest:The research group has a large collection of DNA samples and anonymous clinical and electrophysiological data of patients with idiopathic epilepsies, inherited spastic paraplegias, chronic progressive external ophtalmoplegia and inherited peripheral neuropathies including molecular diagnostic testing for these disorders to Belgian and foreign Medical Genetic Centres.
- Keywords:CLINICAL AND ELECTROPHYSIOLOGICAL CHARACTERIZATIONS, BIOTECHNOLOGY, MOLECULAR DIAGNOSTICS, HUMAN GENETICS, GENETIC EPIDEMIOLOGY, Medicine
- Disciplines:Genetics, Systems biology, Biomaterials engineering, Biological system engineering, Biomechanical engineering, Other (bio)medical engineering, Environmental engineering and biotechnology, Industrial biotechnology, Other biotechnology, bio-engineering and biosystem engineering, Molecular and cell biology, Neurosciences, Biological and physiological psychology, Cognitive science and intelligent systems, Developmental psychology and ageing
- Research techniques:- DNA technology: genome-wide scans- Mutation analyses- Clinical and electrophysiological characterizations
- Users of research expertise:- Medical Genetic Centers for the molecular diagnostic testing- Research groups with an interest in the disorders for basic research (collaborations, use of sample collection)- Pharmaceutical industry for identification of therapeutic targets