< Back to previous page
- Research interest:*ANALYSIS OF BIOMARKERS OF IN VIVO OXIDATIVE - ANTIOXIDANT STATUS (matrix: plasma, urine, cells, tissue samples; much expertise with studies in animal models, as well as in conducting clinical trials)- Glutathione (GSH)- Glutathione peroxidase (GPx)- Fat-soluble vitamins (vitamin E, A, Beta-carotene)- Co-enzyme Q- Oxidized LDL (OxLDL)- Malondialdehyde (MDA)-8-OHdG- Selenium*GIDM-COLON MODEL: STUDIES OF BIOTRANSFORMATION AND ABSORPTION OF BIOACTIVE COMPOUNDS (e.g. polyphenols, alkaloids, vitamins ....) IN A VALIDATED GASTRO-INTESTINAL SIMULATION MODEL, GIDM-COLON*ANALYSIS OF MINERALS AND TRACE ELEMENTS (matrix: plasma, urine, cells, tissue samples, foods, food supplements, drugs, raw materials)
- Keywords:NUTRITION, ANALYSIS MINERALS, OXIDATIVE STRESS, ANTIOXIDATIVE ACTIVITY, METABOLOMICS, POLYPHENOLS, OVERWEIGHT AND OBESITY, Pharmacy and pharmacology
- Disciplines:Metabolomics, Metabolic diseases, Vascular diseases, Nutrition and dietetics , Biomarker discovery and evaluation, Drug discovery and development, Clinical trials, Nutraceuticals, Pharmacognosy and phytochemistry
- Research techniques:-In vivo antioxidant research: validated methods to assess biomarkers of oxidative stress in biological fluids (urine, plasma): assessment of 8-OHdG, OxLDL (Elisa), malondialdehyde (HPLC-fluorescence detection), fat-soluble vitamins, coenzyme Q10, glutathione (HPLC-Coularray detection), glutathione peroxidase (UV/VIS spectrophotometry) - Laboratory animal model (rat) of oxidative stress-Battery of in vitro antioxidant assays : DPPH, FRAP, microsomal lipid peroxidation assays (UV/VIS spectrophotometry).-GIDM-COLON model: in vitro simulation model of the human gastro-intestinal tract (stomach, small intestine and colon phase)-Analysis and identification of metabolites (following GIDM-COLON experiments): HPLC-UV/DAD; HPLC-QTOF-MS-Atomic Absorption Spectrophotometry (Flame AAS) to conduct analyses of minerals.
- Users of research expertise:Pharmaceutical companies and food industry, NubelResearch groups interested in the relationship between certain (chronic) pathologies and oxidative stress.Research groups or companies (pharmaceutical or food/food supplement companies) interested in the in vitro or in vivo antioxidant evaluation of a synthetic compound or plant-derived compound/extract.