< Back to previous page
- Research interest:I am a clinical epidemiologist with as main research interests the long-term effects of commonly prescribed drugs such as antibiotics and gastric-acid suppressors, potentially through interactions with the microbiome - with a focus on the gastro-intestinal and vaginal microbiome. My main clinical areas of expertise are cancer (in particular of the gastro-intestinal tract), women's health (incl. pregnancy) and infectious diseases. I am trained as a medical doctor, epidemiologist and infection control/hospital hygiene specialist but work as a full-time academic researcher.
- Keywords:EPIDEMIOLOGY, CANCER EPIDEMIOLOGY, MICROBIOME, CLINICAL EPIDEMIOLOGY, PHARMACOEPIDEMIOLOGY, LONG-TERM EFFECTS OF MEDICATION, INFECTION CONTROL, Medicine
- Disciplines:Infectious diseases, Microbiomes , Cancer epidemiology, Gastro-enterology and hepatology not elsewhere classified, Gynaecology and obstetrics not elsewhere classified, Epidemiology, Pharmaco-epidemiology, Endocrinology and metabolic diseases not elsewhere classified
- Research techniques:Epidemiology, registry-based research, pharmaco-epidemiology, big data, systematic-reviews, meta-analyses, microbiome, study design of scientific projects.
- Users of research expertise:Health-care professionals, other researchers, students, media, policy makers,...