< Back to previous page
- Research interest:Acquisition and processing of high resolution in vivo Magnetic Resonance Imaging of small animals: diffusion tensor imaging (DTI), diffusion kurtosis imaging (DKI), functional MRI, resting state fMRI, perfusion MRI, Manganese Enhanced MRI. This research is performed on rat and mouse models for different neuropathologies and on songbirds as a model for neuronal plasticity, auditory processing and learning. Using these MRI techniques the focus of the research lies on early detection and understanding of the mechanisms underlying neurodegeneration, neuro-developmental and mood disorders including Parkinson's, Huntington's, Alzheimer's disease, schizophrenia and depression.
- Keywords:DIFFUSION-WEIGHTED IMAGING, FUNCTIONAL MAGNETIC RESONANCE, MAGNETIC RESONANCE IMAGING (MRI), Physics (incl. astronomy)
- Disciplines:Image processing, Biomedical image processing, Medical imaging and therapy not elsewhere classified
- Research techniques:Magnetic Resonance Imaging: diffusion tensor imaging (DTI), diffusion kurtosis imaging (DKI), functional MRI, resting state fMRI, perfusion MRI, Manganese Enhanced MRI, anatomical 3D MRI, T1-mapping, T2-mapping, Quantitative Susceptibility mapping (QSM), TOF-MR angiograms.
- Users of research expertise:Research in animal models of neurological diseases.Companies: to develop/test drug efficacy in animal models for neurological diseases.