< Back to previous page
- Research Expertise:Expertise in genetic toxicology with emphasis on activities related to human (cytogenetic) biomonitoring (different subjects; e.g., environmental pollution, radiation), in vitro studies on electromagnetic fields en the relation between EMFs and Alzheimer's disease, studies on mutagenicity and antimutagenicity of natural substances (traditional medicinal plants, potential anti-TBC molecules, ...). Expertise on Non ionizing radiation bio-effects (especially extreme low frequency fields and radiofrequencies: power lines and mobile communication devises)
- Keywords:EXPERIMENTAL STUDY, BIOMONITORING, RADIOFREQUENCY, Biomedical sciences (incl. biochemistry)
- Disciplines:Animal biology, Genetics, Plant biology, Systems biology, Biophysics, Laboratory medicine, Molecular and cell biology, Morphological sciences, Oncology, Palliative care and end-of-life care, Regenerative medicine, Other basic sciences, Other clinical sciences, Other health sciences, Nursing, Other paramedical sciences, Other translational sciences, Other medical and health sciences, Agricultural animal production, Agricultural plant production, Agriculture, land and farm management, Other agriculture, forestry, fisheries and allied sciences, Veterinary medicine
- Research techniques:Cytogentic methods: chromosome aberration assay, micronucleus test, cytome assay, neutral red uptake test, comet assay, sister chromatid exchanges, chromosome banding, etc. Bacterial mutagenicity tests, especially Ames assay and Vitotox test.
- Users of research expertise:Scientific institutions, scientists, authorities (governments), health agencies (IARC, WHO,SHC, GR etc.)