< Back to previous page
Lars De Laet
- Keywords:Architecture, town and country planning
- Disciplines:Structural design, Algebra not elsewhere classified, Structural engineering, CAAD and digital architecture, Sustainable building, Building engineering not elsewhere classified, Building technology, Construction materials, Wind engineering, Hybrid composites, Natural and biocomposites
- Users of research expertise:
- Research on Lightweight Structures within the framework of the AE-Lab (Research Group for Architectural Engineering). Specific field of expertise is the design, analysis and development of lightweight and deployable structures for architectural applications. http://www.vub.ac.be/ARCH/ae-lab/people.php?researcher=De%20Laet
- Design and analysis of tensile surface structures for architectural applications (mechanically stressed and inflated membranes, Tensairity structures) in FE software (EASY and Ansys). Computer Aided Design. Modeling of threedimensional objects for the digital representation of an architectural project. Parametric design. Rendering and animation of architectural projects and inflatable and deployable structures.