< Back to previous page
- Research interest:Lander Willem holds a postdoctoral position to analyse measles transmission dynamics on the individual level and has been involved in many projects at the Centre for Health Economic Research and Modeling Infectious Diseases (CHERMID). In the philosophy of engaging in interdisciplinary research, his work has a particular focus on model exploration, parameter estimation, social contact patterns and computational efficiency. He is principal investigator of an individual-based model, called STRIDE, to study the interaction between adaptive individual behavior and close-contact disease transmission.
- Keywords:HEALTH ECONOMICS, INFECTIOUS DISEASES, MODELLING, Medicine
- Disciplines:Parallel computing , Modelling and simulation, Health economy, Health promotion and policy, Epidemiology, Mathematical methods, programming models, mathematical and simulation modelling
- Research techniques:Modelling, Transmission dynamics, Social contact analysis, Individual-based models, agent-based models, Active learning, Programming, Code optimisation, Cost-effectivness analysis, Uncertainty analysis
- Users of research expertise:People who have an interest in quantitative research and infectious disease models and health economic evaluation.