< Back to previous page
- Research Expertise (University of Antwerp):Virology expert with a particular focus on (re)emerging viruses. Specific interest in Ebola virus, arthropod-borne viruses such as Chikungunya, dengue, Zika among others, and SARS-CoV-2. Main expertise in studying virus-host and virus-insect vector interactions, in assessing humoral immune responses and in developing novel diagnostic methods applicable in a low resource setting and under outbreak circumstances.
- Keywords (Institute of Tropical Medicine):HIV, Chikungunya virus, Ebola virus, arboviruses, B510-infections, B780-tropical-medicine, dengue, SARS-CoV-2, COVID-19, virology, Zika, virus-host-vector interactions
- Keywords (University of Antwerp):DIAGNOSTICS FOR INFECTIOUS DISEASES, VIROLOGY, TROPICAL MEDICINE, HOST-VIRUS INTERACTIONS, Biomedical sciences (incl. biochemistry)
- Disciplines (University of Antwerp):Molecular and cell biology, Tropical medicine, Diagnostics, Immunology, Microbiology
- Research techniques (University of Antwerp):Basic and advanced virology methods (BSL3), molecular biology, basic immunology
- Users of research expertise (University of Antwerp):academic research groups; (inter)national organisations, biotech and pharma companies with a focus on infectious diseases and diagnostics
- See also: Kevin Ariën (University of Antwerp)