< Back to previous page
- Research interest:My research group studies the development of planning algorithms and, in particular, how efficient computer programs can be built to solve complex planning problems.A few examples of such planning problems:- Logistical planning, in particular vehicle routing.- Planning in humanitarian logistics.- Planning of cash distribution.- Planning of ambulant nurses- Design of water distribution networks, air distribution networks- Horizontal cooperation in logistics.- Public transport planning
- Keywords:LOGISTICS OPTIMIZATION, OPTIMISATION, HEURISTIC METHODS, Economics and applied economics
- Disciplines:Applied mathematics in specific fields, Statistics and numerical methods
- Research techniques:Optimization techniques, in particular metaheuristics such as variable neighborhood search, large neighborhood search, tabu search, ...Statistical analysis methods
- Users of research expertise:Companies/organizations in need of optimization, especially to solve planning problems (production planning, distribution planning, ...).