< Back to previous page
- Research interest:The VIB8 research group Applied Molecular Genetics provides its expertise to third parties. Our bioinformatics expertise enabled us to develop and offer DNA analysis software tools, SNPbox, novoSNP and MAQs. Besides our bioinformatics application we also offer genetic and genomic expertise to third parties. Among others we offer: STR based human genome scans; the isolation, identification en genotyping of STR markers and SNPs; high throughput sequencing and genotyping projects, support and development of multiplex PCR applications, construction of quantitative PCR multiplex assays.
- Keywords:SEQUENCING, GENETICS, BIOINFORMATICS, HIGH-THROUGHPUT ANALYSIS, FUNCTIONAL GENOMICS, MULTIPLEX PCR, BIOTECHNOLOGY, GENOTYPING, Chemistry (incl. biochemistry)
- Disciplines:Scientific computing, Bioinformatics and computational biology, Genetics, Systems biology, Molecular and cell biology, Public health care, Public health services
- Research techniques:The research techniques and technologies used in the Applied Molecular Genetics group is state of the art especially in sequencing and genotyping. Some of the technology is developed within the AMG group and therefore unique in the world (e.g. quantitative Multiplex PCR). Collaborations are possible in the research field of genetics and genomics of complex diseases.
- Users of research expertise:The users of the AMG expertise are situated in both the academic and industrial world. Smaller project concerning the isolation, identification and genotyping of STR markers is a typical academic based project. Industrial projects are directed toward large scale genotyping projects. The developed DNA analysis software tools are used frequently in both academic and industrial groups.