< Back to previous page
- Research Expertise:1. I made my PhD about the relationship between media and politics. The focus was on agendasetting, i.e. the extent to which the media have influence on the topics/themes that politicians deal with. 2. My current research is about political representation and inequality in representation. Central questions are: How reactive are politicians vis-à-vis public opinion? And do politicians, when making policy choices, fail to take the preferences of weaker groups in society (e.g. the poor, lower educated, women) into account, in comparison with the preferences of stronger groups?
- Keywords:POLITICAL REPRESENTATION, MEDIA AND POLITICS, Political and social sciences
- Disciplines:Applied sociology, Demography, Policy and administration, Social change, Social psychology, Social stratification, Social theory and sociological methods, Social work, Sociology of life course, family and health, Sociology of organisations and occupations, Other sociology and anthropology, Citizenship, immigration and political inequality, International and compartive politics, Multilevel governance, National politics, Political behaviour, Political organisations and institutions, Political theory and methodology, Public administration, Other political science, Economic geography, Human geography, Recreation, leisure and tourism geography, Urban and regional geography, Other social and economic geography, Communication sciences, Journalism and professional writing, Media studies, Other media and communications, Product development, Other social sciences
- Research techniques:Content analysis Surveys Survey-experiments Elite research (interviewing and surveying politicians)
- Users of research expertise:Journalists Politicians