< Back to previous page
Johan De Walsche
- Research Expertise:My expertise is situated in the field of knowledge construction through design, especially in the field of architecture and urban design. This results in expert roles in the debate on design research and design education, and in the debate on non-written (research) outcomes. At an applied level, this expertise is applied in methodologies of design-driven actor-oriented research, often as Urban Living Labs, in both Western and non-Western contexts.
- Keywords:EDUCATIONAL PHILOSOPHY, ACTION RESEARCH, ARCHITECTURAL RESEARCH, DESIGN EDUCATION, HIGHER EDUCATION, ARCHITECTURAL DESIGN, Architecture, town and country planning
- Disciplines:Architectural engineering, Architecture, Interior architecture, Landscape architecture, Urban and regional design, development and planning, Urban and regional design, Other civil and building engineering, Other engineering and technology, Arts, media and communication curriculum and pedagogics, Humanities and social sciences curriculum and pedagogics, Philosophy of education, Architectural design, Design research, Art studies and sciences, Other arts, Other humanities and the arts
- Research techniques:qualitative research methodologies design research - research by design artistic research - research in the arts spatial analysis techniques action research urban living labs
- Users of research expertise:Higher Education policy makers accreditation organisations Architecture Institutions and policy makers (faculties of architecture at other universities, VAI, Flemish Architect ...) civil administrations, funding agencies and NGO's