< Back to previous page
- Research interest:- Greenhouse gas balance of ecosystems and continents.- Forest ecosystem productivity.- Carbon cycling through soil, ecosystem, region, continent, globe.- Effects of global change on ecosystem functioning.
- Keywords:SOIL RESPIRATION, CARBON CYCLE, CARBON BALANCE, SOIL CARBON, SOIL ORGANIC MATTER, CARBON SEQUESTRATION, CARBON FLUXES, CARBON SINK, RAIN FOREST, CLIMATE DEPENDENCY, PHENOLOGY, NITROGEN CYCLE, ECOSYSTEM STUDY, NUTRIENT AVAILABILITY, ECOSYSTEM FUNCTION, GREENHOUSE EFFECT, GREENHOUSE GAS EMISSIONS, CARBON DIOXIDE, CLIMATE FORCING, CLIMATE WARMING, TERRESTRIAL ECOSYSTEM, CLIMATIC CHANGES, CLIMATIC EXTREMES, GLOBAL CHANGE EFFECTS, CLIMATE CHANGE, Biology
- Disciplines:Atmospheric sciences, Physical geography and environmental geoscience, Ecology, Atmospheric sciences, challenges and pollution, Environmental science and management, Other environmental sciences
- Research techniques:- Modelling and measurement of fluxes of CO2, N2O, CH4 and H2O- Biometric analyses- Root turnover- Compiling and analyzing global datasets of ecosystem carbon cycling- Measurements of carbon exchanges between soils and ecosystems and the atmosphere, ground water, and the surrounding area- Measurements of carbon stocks- Ecosystem manipulation experiments- Compilation and analysis of databases- Modelling
- Users of research expertise:- Foresters - Ecosystem modellers - Land managers aiming to maximize terrestrial carbon sequestration- Earth system modelers- People interested in knowing how terrestrial ecosystems will respond to future climatic changes