< Back to previous page
Hildegarde Van den Bulck
- Research interest:Policy enabling research and advice, research and advice for media and media related organisations, mediamonitoring research for all kinds of organisations.
- Keywords:RECEPTION STUDIES, DISCOURSE ANALYSIS, POLITICAL ECONOMY, QUALITATIVE CONTENT ANALYSIS, Political and social sciences
- Disciplines:Communication sciences, Journalism and professional writing, Media studies, Other media and communications
- Research techniques:Regarding production research: document analysis and expert interviews. Regarding audience research: qualitative in-depth interviews, focus group interviews and photo elicitation, and increasingly quantitative panel and experimental research. Regarding content research: quantitative and qualitative content analysis, discourse analysis and framing analysis.For each study, the group aims to combine those methods that guarantee the most valid and reliable answers to the specific research questions.
- Users of research expertise:- Media stakeholders- Media policy makers within media and government- Civil society organisations (including NGO’s) - Industry