< Back to previous page
- Research interest:- Morfological and molecular identification of small mammals (particularly rodents), molluscs and insects.- Consultancy on the management of rodent-related problems in agriculture and public health, with a particular expertise in Africa.
- Keywords:BIOSTATISTICS, ANIMAL DETECTION, DISEASE ECOLOGY, PEST CONTROL, NATURE CONSERVATION, Biology
- Disciplines:Applied mathematics in specific fields, Statistics and numerical methods, Animal biology
- Research techniques:- Protein electrophoresis, PCR-techniques (random amplified polymorphic DNA, Single Strand Conformation Polymorphisms, etc.), DNA-sequencing- Advanced statistical computing- Equipment for field rodent research
- Users of research expertise:- Public authorities - Organisations or companies with activities in pest control in agriculture and public health, nature conservation, food safety control, control on the international trade in endangered species (CITES), forensic zoology, epidemiology, development cooperation- Pharmaceutical industry (for statistical data treatment)