< Back to previous page
- Research interest:Preclinical and translational research on different mediators that may play a role in the development of gastrointestinal diseases such as inflammatory bowel disease (IBD), irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) and sepsis. The focus of this research is on the therapeutic modulation of the inflammation - permeability - pain axis.
- Keywords:IRRITABLE BOWEL SYNDROME, GASTROENTEROLOGY, INFLAMMATORY BOWEL DISEASE, Medicine
- Disciplines:Gastro-enterology and hepatology, Physiology
- Research techniques:Determination of inflammatory parameters (colonoscopy, macroscopy, microscopy, MPO)Determination of permeability in vitro (Ussing Chambers) and in vivo (4 kDa FITC dextran)Determination of visceral pain in vivo (visceromotor response)Pharmacokinetic studies in rats.
- Users of research expertise:Researchers, clinicians