< Back to previous page
- Research Expertise:Dr. Giulia Poma completed her Ph.D. in Environmental Science at the Water Research Institute of the Italian National Research Council (IRSA-CNR) in March 2014, regarding the evaluation of bioaccumulation processes of brominated flame retardants in biotic matrices. Now, she is a young researcher (> 3-year post-doc experience at the Toxicological Centre of the University of Antwerp) specialized in the assessment of chemical safety of food and insect samples and of human exposure (dietary intake and dust ingestion/inhalation) to emerging chemicals, including flame retardants and plasticizers.
- Keywords:FOOD CHEMICAL SAFETY, HUMAN BIOMONITORING, EDIBLE INSECTS, Biomedical sciences (incl. biochemistry)
- Disciplines:Analytical separation and detection techniques, Food chemistry, Environmental chemistry, Environmental monitoring, Environmental science and management not elsewhere classified, Agricultural, veterinary and food sciences not elsewhere classified
- Research techniques:- Gas Chromatography (GC) hyphenated to Mass Spectrometry (MS) (GC-ECNI/MS, GC-EI/MS, GC-MS/MS): user experience - Expert in extraction procedures (hot-Soxhlet apparatus, solid-liquid extraction, liquid-liquid extraction, solid phase extraction, QuEChERS, etc.): optimization and application to environmental, dust, food, and insect matrices - Working knowledge of passive sampler devices for persistent organic pollutants in freshwater/sediment matrices - Course of Prevention and Protection Service (PPS): fire safety, safety of working environment, classification, labelling and packaging (CLP) of chemical substances - User experience of Gel Permeation Chromatography (GPC) system - User experience Automated Solid Phase Extraction system for freshwater - User experience of Electrophoresis SDS-PAGE and Western Blotting techniques and specific immuno-coloration system
- Users of research expertise:Public and private stakeholders