< Back to previous page
- Research interest:I am an environmental scientist with a background in chemistry and ecotoxicology. My broad research interests focus on investigating the behavior of contaminants in the environment and how they interact with biological systems. In particular, I am interested in assessing the bioavailability of contaminants in water and sediment, with the aim of improving environmental quality assessment and decision making. Currently, my work focuses on the development of a field device for monitoring concentrations and assessing the bioavailability of a wide range of contamiants (metals and organic compounds) in water.Previous projects also included metal bioavailability assessment in sediments with passive sampling techniques and the synthesis and characterisation of biomimetically functionalised silver nanoparticles with antibacterial properties.
- Keywords:ENVIRONMENTAL CHEMISTRY, CHEMICAL POLLUTION, ECOTOXICOLOGY, NANOTECHNOLOGY, CHEMISTRY, ENVIRONMENTAL IMPACT ASSESSMENT, NANOMATERIALS, Biology
- Disciplines:Analytical spectrometry, Solid state chemistry, Ecotoxicology, Aquatic chemistry, Environmental chemistry, Environmental impact and risk assessment, Environmental monitoring
- Research techniques:Speciation analysesBioavailability assessmentBioaccumulaiton assessmentToxicity testingPassive samplingSediment and water quality assessmentAnalytical chemistry
- Users of research expertise:Environmental protection agenciesRegulatorsEnvironmental consulting firmsIndustries