< Back to previous page
- Research Expertise:My research focus is gender and collective action. I study the effect of gendered social relations, norms and preferences on economic behaviour in common pool resource settings and at the intra-household level in developing contexts. Additionally, I examine the extent to which interventions or policies can change gendered social relations and economic behaviour. My background in (development) economics and demography, combined with a PhD in political sciences, allows me to approach these topics in a multidisciplinary way, applying qualitative and quantitative methods, including experimental methods. Most of my work concentrates on East-Africa.
- Keywords:AGRICULTURAL HOUSEHOLDS, GENDER, SUB-SAHARAN AFRICA, COLLECTIVE ACTION THE COMMONS, Political and social sciences
- Disciplines:Analysis of collective decision-making, Household behaviour and family organisations, Sociology of gender and gender relations, Development studies
- Research techniques:Impact evaluation: experimental en quasi-experimental, regression analysis, lab-in-the-field experiments, qualitative research methods
- Users of research expertise:Policy makers, NGOs, development actors